Saturday, January 9, 2016

A Portrait and Some Nursery Paintings

It's been a long time since I've uploaded images of my art, but that's what happens when you have twins! So here we go: 

The first image is an oil painting of my twins at five months old practicing sitting up on their own. I like capturing the moment of them sitting together and practicing a new skill while also leaving the viewer to consider what they might be observing so intently. It definitely takes longer to finish a painting these days, but the boys are certainly helping to provide some inspiration for my art.



The next set of images are acrylic paintings of children's animal illustrations that I created for the twins' nursery. These are not serious works (though truly, I wouldn't categorize most of my art as "serious" anyway) but I had fun thinking of the babies while working on these.


"Turtle and Friend-Nursery" 2015 by K. Lehr


"Giraffe Family-Nursery" 2015 by K. Lehr
"Elephant's Red Balloon-Nursery" 2015 by K. Lehr
"Owls-Nursery" 2015 by K. Lehr


"Monkey Twins-Nursery" 2015 by K. Lehr





No comments:

Post a Comment